The best blog in the world.............EVER!!!

This blog will have stories from Jessica's life, wedding advice, recipes, and MORE!

Monday, January 23, 2006

New Orleans

About two weeks ago James and I took a roadtrip to New Orleans. It took us about nine hours to drive down there. I was happy to finally get there, but that was tempered by the shock of seeing all the destruction, miles and miles of empty houses and abandoned stores. I just kept repeating "Oh my god, all these houses are destroyed" over and over again. But my sadness was lightened by lots of palm trees and tropical plants, which make me happy, just the sight of them makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.
I wrote down the wrong address for our hotel so it took us a long time to find it. We stayed in the French Quarter, and that was in good shape. Our reason for going to New Orleans was to go to my cousin Caroline's wedding, so first things first we ran, yes ran to the wedding rehearsal, we were running late because of the address mix up. Luckily the church was pretty close to our hotel. The wedding was at the St. Louis Cathedral, if you've been to New Orleans you've probably seen the church, it is right on Jackson Square in the French Quarter, anyways the church is beautiful.
During the rehearsal I had to pretend to be the bride, because Caroline wanted to sit back and watch. That was interesting to say the least.
Well, I'm bored with writing so I guess this trip will have to be a two part series, stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home