The best blog in the world.............EVER!!!

This blog will have stories from Jessica's life, wedding advice, recipes, and MORE!

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Don't ask me to dog sit!

After shooting skeet in the cold all day Saturday I could NOT wait to get home, eat food, and take a long hot bubble bath.
Unfortunately I had to make a quick stop before I got home. As has been happening a lot lately, one of my friends had asked me to dog sit, and it wasn't so hard of a favor, so I agreed. I like dogs, but the thing about dog sitting is A. I'm lazy and B. I have no dog to "get back" at my friends. So I wound up swinging by her house to let the dogs out and feed them. I decided to put the dog on the leash to be extra safe when I let them out to do their business. Unfortunately when the chihuahua saw James, it freaked out and managed to slip out of its collar and bounce away like a rabbit. I know it shouldn't be hard to catch a rather overweight chihuahua, but the giant Chow I had in my other hand did not feel like running, it felt like just standing there, like a lump.
We spent the next 1.5-2 hours searching through latino meth neighborhood of one thousand dobermans, searching desperately, worried about every white shape on the road that ultimately turned out to be a McDonald's/Wendy's/Hardee's bag, and then searching for scraps to eat in the aforementioned bags. OK just kidding about the last part, but we were really hungry.
I had to make the call, "bad news, I've lost your dog".
Fortunately for me, my friend wasn't mad, and the dog was found later, waiting on the doorstep to be let in.
The positive part of this experience was that now hopefully, none of my friends will want me to dogsit for them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home