The best blog in the world.............EVER!!!

This blog will have stories from Jessica's life, wedding advice, recipes, and MORE!

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Visitors!

Thursday night I was doing laundry, the most dreadful chore on the planet, when my college roomie Alanna called me. She was on her way to a trance in Arkansas, and was 30 minutes from Cookeville! She said she and George would swing by the laundry room and we could hang out, just like old times! I was so excited I couldn't even finish highlighting the journal articles I had brought over to occupy my time while waiting for my clothes to become clean and fresh.
Thirty minutes later I was on Willow Ave flagging down Alanna's silver and zebra striped jeep. I gave Alanna her birthday present, a Hawaiian Luau gnome, and she loved it. I knew she would because Alanna likes to pretend she is a gnome, and a gnome in a grass skirt is a little silly. I brought them back to my apartment to drop off laundry and showed off my apartment and the dog, Sherpa that I am dogsitting. We picked up James and went to Crawdaddy's to eat 25 cent oysters. When we got there they had no oysters, but we were intrigued by a beer our waiter described as "not really dark, but not really light, strange looking". We ate drank and were merry. George and Alanna had to leave, but not before I pawned off on them a Marie Claire, and some black beaded Indian ballet slippers for George. Their visit was the highlight of my week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home