The best blog in the world.............EVER!!!

This blog will have stories from Jessica's life, wedding advice, recipes, and MORE!

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The Skinny

Back-to Back blogs, good job Jessica!

Now that I'm 25 I'm not necessarily young anymore (not necessarily old either, I know). This does have some benefits besides confidence and wisdom, etc. For example, if someone says I look to young, to be getting married, teaching labs etc., I can tell them smugly "well I am twenty-five". I digress, I really want to talk about fashion! Especially after my weekly dose of Project Runway.
As I get older, I know I don't have to follow every trend. After all, a few years back I totally averted the whole poncho scene, didn't buy a one. In the same way I have been trying to avoid "skinny" pants, ever since GAP unsuccessfully tried to reintroduce them like four years ago with their old name of tapered. However in the last year or so it has become increasingly obvious that this trend is here to stay. First the runways, and now all the Hilarys and Lindsays. But, I stayed strong, I knew tapered brings focus to the thighs! I mean, I didn't see any of the "curvier" celebrities wearing them. I even read an InStyle article, that said if you are afraid of the skinny jeans you're probably right.
But when my catalogues and magazines came and said, said "flares are out! Almost all of the jeans we photograph/sell are skinnies", I knew I had to at least try on a pair.
So today I went boldly to Old Navy and tried on a pair, and surprise surprise, they actually looked nice. Of course, I haven't tested them out in public, but I am pretty confident, besides none of my friends would actually tell me if they didn't like them. Except maybe Dawn, she did afterall forbid me to go out in yellow top and bottom, telling me that I looked like a banana, but she's in Boston. My mom would would tell me too, but she still wears tapered pants, so I'm not sure her opinion is unbiased.
So moral of the story ladies, you are never too old to try new things! Just remember if that is skinny jeans stick with a dark wash and no whiskering or embellishments on the thighs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home