The best blog in the world.............EVER!!!

This blog will have stories from Jessica's life, wedding advice, recipes, and MORE!

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Some books to read!

While my foot was injured I imagined I might have some free time considering I couldn't exercise, do dishes, laundry etc. Of course I was wrong, and should have been doing other things and now I am behind in everything. Obviously I still am not getting stuff done because I am writing in my blog. Anyways the point of this blog is to spread news of the books I read during my down time.
Book #1, the nanny diaries by someone and someone else. This book was very good, I couldn't put it down. It didn't have any deep meaning, it was just superficial fluff, so don't expect to "grow" as a person because of it. It is more like a Candace Bushnell type of book. It is about a nanny and all the crap she puts up with from her spoiled Park Avenue boss because she loves the kid she nannies.
Book #2 Girl with a Pearl or Girl with a Pearl Earring I don't quite remember the name, it is by Tracy French last name. This book is also from the point of view of a person in servitude, I read two in a row by coincidence. It was interesting to get the two different takes on being a vitural slave by two fake people in different centuries. Sort of like the time Heather and I got two different takes on being poor by reading Angela's Ashes and Britney Spears' novel back to back. As an aside, do not read Britney's novel, it is not good. Read Angela's Ashes, it is good. Girl with a Pearl Earring is an excellent book, and so is the movie, read and watch them.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:58 PM, Blogger Finny said…

    nanny diaries is also good on cd. except julia roberts is reading it and her voice for grover is REALLY irritating.

     
  • At 9:25 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    Thank you for finding the common theme and universal truth in Angela's Ashes and Britney's Book.

    -Heather

     

Post a Comment

<< Home